In other articles, we have covered some of the history and background behind the change from analog to digital broadcast signals. Plus, the fact that many folks don’t know about or don’t understand that in most metropolitan areas, the newer digital antenna still allows for the reception of many local channels.
But for now, let’s discuss outdoor HDTV digital antenna’s – why you would want to use an outdoor antenna rather than an indoor antenna, what you must consider before deciding on an outdoor antenna, how to select a good antenna one and locating reliable manufacturers.
First, there are many more considerations and possible installation challenges with an outside antenna. Remember, with an indoor antenna, you usually only have to find a place near the TV, then connect the cable from the antenna to the TV and plug in the antenna to an electrical outlet.
A bigger outdoor antenna installed on your exterior can avert a number of the hindrance that indoor TV antennas experience. Larger TV antennas may also pick up weaker TV signals from farther away. You may need to run cables to the inside of your home from your outdoor antenna to be able to connect to your television.
Top 5 Best Outdoor Antenna For TV
- Dual TV outputs -- outdoor TV antenna support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. No special adapter needed. Don't bother to buy another HDTV antenna.
- Enjoy top-rated HDTV network programming on channels like CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC and more; Your favorite shows for free (no more cable bills) with no monthly fee or subscription; Great complement to streaming players and dependable backup source when storms knock out cable or satellite
- ABSOLUTELY FREE HD CHANNELS – Ditch expensive cable and satellite bills and continue viewing your favorite shows in Full HD on channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox and much more with access to all the current events, sitcoms, kids, and sports programs without the monthly bill
- TOP FREE - The best HD is in the air. Access to HUNDREDS OF FREE TV SHOWS, local news, sports, music, weather and more, experience true-to-life picture quality with 4k Ultra HD, save THOUSANDS of $ cable fees annually. 1byone TV antenna is a Must-Have for Cord Cutting.
- [2020 New Release Outdoor Antenna] Reach Up to 200 mile Range, provides high resolution HDTV 4K,1080p,1080i,720p for local FREE channels, local news, sports programs, weather. Operating Frequency VHF 40- 230MHz | UHF 470 - 860MHz. Supports 5 TV in your family at a time with our installation kit, and supports FM Radio broadcasting. Five Star 2020 version has upgraded high gain booster which can have high quality for HDTV.
Last update on 2020-08-07 at 02:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Most antennas have old layouts that are created to contain stations that became outdated in 2009.
But RCA ANT751 is tuned just for the stations that still issue, which makes it streamlined when compared with other yagi antennas with precisely the same gain.
It’s cross-phase, the multi-component design provides increased reception technology, providing the most significant possible amount of content accessible to your region – the most famous over the air TV shows, news, sports, and much more.
This RCA Compact Indoor /Outdoor Antenna supplies both local and network television in a total of 1080 High Definition quality, free of charge. Its preassembled layout and contained mounting hardware and mast supply various positioning choices, while its increased signal reception outperforms antennas accessible from several other makers.
It can turn 90 degrees, enabling mounting on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. Great price! Excellent quality! Unbelievable image! Astonishingly robust small antenna, What could be better?
It features exclusive returning for VHF and UHF -Hi band, which will bring you all DTV and HDTV stations from 7-69.
This antenna has a range for 25 miles for UHF signals and 35 miles for VHF. It’s mainly an outside antenna and isn’t meant to be installed inside.
In case you reside in a reasonable signal region but have trouble with digital signals falling in and outside, this antenna might only solve your issue.
It’s excellent to increase on the high-band UF and VHF bands and is streamlined and well made. Not a deep-outskirt beast, but perfect for the suburban audience whose reception requires a boost.
If you plan to run multiple TV sets with this particular antenna, I’d suggest it is used up to around 40 miles from the transmitters, but make sure you utilize an amplifier.
3.1byone Amplified Outdoor Antenna with Omni-directional 360 Degree Reception – 60 Miles Range
1byone Outside Antenna gives your new choices! Mount this compact and good looking outside antenna at your balcony, loft, wall, roof, or some area you would like! Superb simple setup and streamlined layout!
Compact and Stylish Design – Beautify surroundings while and the dwelling building brings you crystal pictures and free television! The small size reduces the antenna’s wind load, no stocking pixel in wet or windy days!
Quick and simple set up with three measures – Unwrap, Scan stations, and Plug it in. It can get free program High Definition TV signals (like ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and Fox). 1080p High Definition is also supported by it.
This is only one of those rare products you wish you can give MORE than five stars to. It’s deserving of more. Thank you, 1Byone, for this beautiful merchandise.
The SF Cable WA-2608 provides a low-cost option for customers who wish to pick up programs and local TV stations. The Amplified HDTV Digital Outdoor Antenna can pick up VHF, UHF, and FM Radio signals.
With 360-degree turning enabling directional focus towards broadcasters in the region, users can avoid facing the receiver and leaving the comfort of the house to alter the direction.
This is made possible with wireless infrared control that’s included with the High Definition antenna.
The HDTV Antenna could be set up and quickly by following five simple steps contained with the unit.
The high sensitivity of the reception within the antenna along with the low noise amplifier enables high-quality response with big-range coverage.
By placing the antenna in a high place with 2nd-floor balcony, roof, or a raised post, hard reception regions including hilly terrain or tall buildings will get crystal clear signs from local stations.
I want to tell you all this is the best HDTV antenna I Have ever used. I would recommend this antenna to all that a demand a product which functions as advertised and is priced right.
The ClearStream 4 antenna gets free over the air digital and HDTV reception with NO subscription, cable, or satellite fees. It provides the power and efficacy typically seen in antennas up to 10 times its size. With an ultra-long range of 65 miles, the ClearStream 4 is the perfect antenna for suburban or rural installments challenged with getting signals through roofing materials or heavy leaf outside in loft programs.
This innovative technology enables the ClearStream line of antennas to be more robust and smaller across the DTV spectrum of today. It uses the patented ClearStream Tapered Loop Technology, which delivers the first first-class and new antenna layout.
The ClearStream 4 provides an impressive 98% of signal reception, rather than being lost through phase cancellation and impedance mismatches. ClearStream antennas are engineered for endurance and toughness. The Antennas Direct Life Guarantee guarantees you of its outstanding build quality.
The most effective antenna in the marketplace for DTV reception! Highly advise this over the last generations of Antenna Direct antennas.
Things Must Be Consider Before Purchase An Outdoor Antenna
First, check if you are allowed to mount an outside antenna at your rental unit or in your housing development.
Many apartment owners have restrictions on mounting anything to the building, but a pole mount in the yard may be okay.
And many housing developments are governed by homeowner associations that may prohibit external antenna’s.
And then in some cases, the restrictions may be by the city or township government. You need to do some checking before starting the installation.
Determine which antenna is appropriate for your location and what signal strength is required. An excellent resource for this can be found at antennaweb.org Enter your location and follow the information in the colored graph.
Next, take the time to plan your installation
- Safety first – try to avoid mounting the antenna near power lines – this is dangerous, and it may interfere with your digital signal.
- For the best results, the antenna should be facing the transmitter location.
- Decide where to mount the antenna and how it will be securely anchored
- Next, determine if you can safely run the connecting coax from the mounted antenna to your HDTV.
- Determine how to ground the antenna properly
- If appropriate, determine where to locate the Power Injector Module keeping in mind that it will require a plug for electrical power.
- Then make a list of parts you need that are not included, which you will need to be purchased.
- Gather the necessary installation tools.
- If this is beyond your skill or comfort level – find a local handyman to complete the installation.